New Jersey (March 29, 2011)
On Friday, March 25, 2011, over 59 emerging businesses met investors and entrepreneurial supporters at the Annual New Jersey Technology Council (NJTC) 2011 Venture Conference at the Palace at Somerset Park in Somerset, NJ. NJTC, the premier membership trade organization in the region supporting technology companies– hosted over 400 members of the investment community, corporate business development, licensing officers, professional service providers, incubator managers, and technology transfer managers at the daylong NJTC Venture Conference.
The conference included formal presentations by exhibiting businesses and dynamic luncheon speakers Greg Besner, Founder and CEO of Restricted Stock Systems and Ari Rabban, CEO of Phone.com speaking about their experiences running companies, their relationships with investors, and the successes/challenges of their experiences. The day concluded with an awards ceremony to honor the 59 emerging businesses. These businesses represented various sectors including IT/Software, Electronics, Energy, Environment, Life Sciences (including Drug Development, Healthcare and Medical Device), and Communications/Media (including social media).
The NJTC is proud to announce this year’s award winners:
• Most Innovative Product/Service Company – InstaMobile
• Best Digital Media Company – HeyKiki.com
• Best Life Sciences Company – NuVue Therapeutics, Inc.
• Best Information Technology Company – ImplementHIT
• Best Communications Company – Phone.com Inc.
• Best Electronics/Advanced Materials Company – VectraCor, Inc.
• Best Green Company – PowerFlower Solar
• Best Early Stage Company – Early Detection
• Best Management Team – Group Intelligence Inc.
• People’s Choice – Global Safety First, LLC
• VCs’ Choice – Sword Diagnostics, Inc.
• Company Most Likely to Have an IPO – Xipto, Inc.
• Company Most Likely to Succeed – ZSX Medical, LLC
• Judges’ Choice – Lab Automate Technologies Inc.